Monday, July 26, 2010

Retrotec Mixte!


This week my good friends Curtis and Mitzi ( i know you've heard me talk about them...inglis/retrotec?) dropped off a few things at my house for a week. In addition to this cuteness above they also dropped off the cuteness below...


...and then they left me something to play with while they were gone and test out....


Behold the beauty that is Curtis's maiden voyage into experimenting with the mixte! Now this isn't his first step thru mind you for who can forget the amazingness he made for himself for SSWC08! But this one is different...for one its tiny, my size precisely (5'4), it has a three speed internal hub and drum brakes, super cushy for around town, and a generator light for coming home late from the bars...and the lines..the lines on this thing are simply divine! Seriously check out the back end on this bad boy! Its pretty much perfect!


So i took it on the required rides around town, the flying goat, the goji kitchen (vietnamese food) and threw a bunch of packages in my bag and took it on the day job mail runs.


Awesomness! Passed with flying colors...



Flying Goat parking...


...and of course i had to let other people try it out and give an opinion...
The upshot is this is a great bike! The final version will come with fenders and a front rack which will finish it off nicely! Paint color of your choice of course....

In other none related retrotec news here are a couple of events I will be attending soon with my wares! In August on the 22nd to be precise I will be at the Sonoma County Bike Expo and in september I am looking forward to returning to Levi's Gran Fondo and hopefully I will get to ride it as well!!! okay thats it for now i think...the Luce Hoods are coming right along and i will be doing a little post on them in the next couple of days... Sweet! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment