Wednesday, June 15, 2011

luce change


So I found yet another way to satisfy my insatiable need to put patterns together... My friend Carlos (Bike Monkey) contacted me via the twitter the other day asking me for a rad wallet to boost his self esteem. After assuring him that he is in fact awesome I sat down to the task of coming up with a proper design to fit the task. I started by surfing the web and finding patterns that I might like. If you know how I work, you know that I like simple functional designs. Not a lot of bells and whistles. I found this european pattern that seemed to fit the bill. I instantly took out the fancy elastic button closing mechanism and gave the pattern a whirl. Apparently they have little people sized credit cards there cause i couldn't fit one in the wallet to save my life. It also called for sewing binding around the whole thing and that didn't work out for me either. I won't even post a picture of it. It was that bad. So instead I came up with this design....






I'm quite happy with it...be on the look out for these as they make there debut a Bruce Gordon's
"Another Big Stinkin' Handbuilt Whoop De Doo".
Lots of great people coming out to this event don't miss it!!!!
Okay, that is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment