Friday, February 1, 2013

Things I do on my bike ride...

After loading up on some serious protein and carbs I like to head out two to three times a week for my weekday loop out in gorgeous Graton, ca. Nothing crazy, just a nice two hour loop with a couple of rollers. Anyway, I often reach the end of my ride and realize that I have been so knee deep in the shit in my head that I never remembered to look up and that it's a small wonder that I made it home alive.. Here are some of the things that happen along the way:

1. Snot rockets - no ride is on until the nasal passages are clear.
2. Most often parenting comes around. With two teenage girls there's no shortage of issues.
3. Remember to check out the scenery for a minute.
4. Bag designs - trying to make the pieces fit in my head. I tend to work patterns out a lot on the bike.
5. My butt usually starts hurting about now or my sciatica flares up. Either way my focus go there for a while.
6. Accounting - one would think I would get on the bike to get away from the money issues but I actually solve a lot of banking problems whilst pedaling.
7. Sing - content, volume, and fervor vary depending on how steep the climb is and how fast and terrifying the descent is.
8. Dodging people and dogs on the trail home - people please! If there are riders and the such hitting the trail with you please leash that pup up. I don't care how friendly he/she is hitting or being chased by a dog on a bike sucks. Do it for their safety.
9. Planning my next meal - no explanation necessary,
10. Start drinking water - that's the other thing I always forget to do...




No comments:

Post a Comment