Sunday, April 25, 2010

Grasshopper 4



Grasshopper weekend! So while everyone was toughing it out on fort Ross road, Meyers grade and Joy road... I took myself on my own little jaunt out to the coast via Coleman valley road which is one of my favorite roads ever! I've been working on doing the round trip ride from my house out to the beach which is about a 70 mile ride. Since i have such limited time due to life , job1, job2, kids,and stuff, I only get to ride about once a week so its been hard building up to it. But i think i'm finally there! I basically opted to do this one really slow stopping whenever I felt like it to take in the scenery and enjoy. Success! It was a gorgeous day! And even though i goofed off plenty i still managed to make it back in time before the boys finished with my jersey pockets laden in baked goods from wildflower bakery but not before being passed by Levi as he finished the route, which takes other normal human beings between 3 and 4 hours to finish, in a scant 2 hours and some change...




when great worlds colide...



go!!


super gratuitous shot of my bike with pretty landscape...


had to stop at the top and take some snaphots...


i win! its was a beautiful day at the beach...


as always no ride would be great without a stop at the bakery to carbo load before heading home....went back meet the boys with my jersey pockets loaded with baked goods!

No comments:

Post a Comment