Friday, July 22, 2011

today's stage reminded me more of this...



When I was a kid in France, and I knew nothing of cycling except that it seemed to happen once a year and was a really big deal, Raymond Poulidor was the only guy that I remember. Even though he wasn't even racing in my lifetime the people had loved him enough that everytime you saw someone on a bike you would stick your head out the window and affectionately call out: "Allez poupou, allez poupou, allez poupou!". Never wearing the mayo jaune and always coming in second and third he was such a good guy that everybody loved him... this clip is kinda rad.

Also if you're into that sort of thing there's this amazing documentary on Jacques Anquetil and how he does the Macon-Avigno and Bordeaux - Paris back to back. Crazy. Love it...

No comments:

Post a Comment